Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Publix - More Changes Coming Soon! (plus a Money Maker Deal!)

I just got back from Publix where I talked with the girl at Customer Service and then talked to RuthAnn who used to be a manager at my favorite Publix, but is now at another Publix, plus my cashier tipped me off to a new coupon policy starting Saturday!

1. People have been mis-using the Amex gift card deal, Publix has cracked down and is being really strict and only allowing 1 $50 Gift Card purchase with each transaction. Amex has told them they will loose their account with Amex if they continue to allow the mis-use.

People were coming in and buying 5 $50 Amex cards, using 5 in-ad $10/$50 Amex coupons and then leaving and waiting for them to activate and coming back in and buying 5 more Amex cards with 5 more in-ad coupons and making $50 off them each time they were doing that. THAT IS ABUSE of the system. Even the in-ad coupon says one per person per transaction. You can get a raincheck for ONE CARD.

2. Right by the front door there is a stand (at least at my Publix) with a TON of coupons!!! My favs are the $1/1 Progressive soup (makes each can $.31), $1/1 Wishbone Dressing (save for a BOGO sale),  $1.25/1 Pace Salsa (wait for a BOGO sale) and $.55/1 Knorr sides (currently on BOGO for $1.03 = $.07 OVERAGE when you use 2 coupons!!!)

3. (At least in my store) Couponing changes start Saturday! They will start limiting how many like items you can buy in one transaction. Today I bought 28 Knorr sides ($.98 OVERAGE... not much, but they were all FREE) If this new couponing policy goes into effect I may have only been able to buy 10 at a time... and no more stocking up on my dressing in bulk either I guess... that will suck!

6 comments:

.:+Pearlofafrika+:. said...

yikes! I wonder if this has anything to do with that stupid extreme couponing show. Publix has always been coupon friendly. I hate when people abuse the system. Shows like extreme couponing seem to validate fraud and borderline fraud.

Amy said...

My boyfriend is a manager at Publix and he read over the coupon policy changes... he said it doesn't really say anything about limits and that may be a store to store change.

He said the main changes are with competitor and publix coupons (only one like competitor coupon per transaction) and something about the $/$ coupons but he didn't have time to go into it while he was at work so I will get more details later

Amy said...

Also the Knorr sides are only $1.03 to $1.05 at the cheap publix stores.. they are around $1.49 at all the other publixs

BeaDandelion said...

Thanks Amy!! Keep us posted!

BeaDandelion said...

To read an article Amy was just quoted in, in Thursday's Orlando sentinel --- http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-publix-coupon-policy-20110511,0,6572148.story

BeaDandelion said...

About the Knorr (Just saw the comment Amy) I can't imagine spending $1.49 on a single packet.. or two! I LOVE my cheap Publix!