Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Walgreen's - Spent 5.27, Saved 118.65

Last December I took a BIG break from EBCs and RRs and it felt good! Most of January I avoided the stores too. It gets quite tedious to keep up with rolling them each week. I recently got back in the habit and have had fun doing so. Lately I am not trying to rack up more and more.. I am trying to use what I have to make my balance as small as possible. I kinda want to be done with it again.. I havent even bothered with CVS.

I started during the Benefiber deals and spent about $20 OOP on a TON of stuff! At the end of all of that, I had 4- $10RR. The next week They had Joint Juice for $10, get a $10RR. I rolled my 4- $10RRs into 5- $10RRs. I rolled them into down to $37RR last week.... it's SO hard to spend $50 at Walgreens!

So this week Bob needed vitamins and we needed some milk. There were a few other things (like DampRid, but I don't think they sell it) that we needed without without coupons... so I went yesterday to see what damage I could do.

BTW~ Walgreens is doing some corporate changes (so they say) and can no longer adjust up or down to use coupons. It may just be the Walgreens I went to... I've done it plenty of times and Amy has a Walgreens that will adjust up a penny to use her coupons and not have overage. I haven't had that luck. So the final Air Wick coupon would not take :-(



Transaction #1:
Pampers - (8.99 sale) $1.50 2/7SS - GET $1RR
2 Natures Bounty Men's Vitamins - (B1G1 9.99) 2 - $2/1 1/24RP
2 Walgreen's Brand Hydrocortizone 1%, 2oz (!!) - B1G1-50% off - but rang up B1G1 (!!) (5.99)
8 Air Wicks - Variety of types all on clearance for 3.99 - $4/1 2/7SS
1/2 Gallon Milk - (1.99)
*They would not let me use the last coupon for the AirWick because they would not adjust it down, so I still used 7 and didn't complain, they have been so nice to me lately!
I also had to a pencil for a filler
Valentine's pencil - (?? 50% off)
USED: 4- $6RR

WAG Advertised Savings: 51.38
MFG Coupon Savings: 57.50
Total Savings: 108.88

OOP: 4.04
Got: $1RR, $1 Catalina on Nature's Bounty, $5 Enfamil

Transaction #2:
Pampers - (8.99 sale ) $1.50 2/7SS - GET $1RR
Valentine's pencil - (?? 50% off) Filler
USED: $5RR

WAG Advertised Savings: 3.27
MFG Coupon Savings: 6.50
Total Savings:9.77


OOP: 3.21
Got: $1RR, $5 Enfamil

TOTAL SAVED: 118.65
TOTAL OOP: 7.25 (5.27 after RRs)
*For 2 packs of diapers, 8 Airwicks, 2- 90ct vitamins, 2 hydrocortizone creams, milk and a pencil
GOT: 2- $1RR
Still have $3RR (Kotex) and $5RR (John Frieda)


THESE DEALS WILL NOT WORK- (unless you got a different coupon than I did, which is possible)
Crest Cavity Protection 6.4-oz is regular price $2.29 at Walgreens
-$1.50 from Walgreens February coupon booklet (found in store by the ads)
-$.75 from 2/7 PG
Final Price: $.04! 
 
Trident Gum $0.69 using coupon found in - ad

-$0.75/1 coupon found in 2/7SS
<--layers gum coupon... not the same as the sale
Total: FREE PLUS OVERAGE!

**Be sure you hand the manuf coupon FIRST, then the store coupon**

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The toothpaste deal will work if you get the toothpaste that is $2.49 not the $2.29, I went yesterday and was able to get five of them for .24 cebts each :)

BeaDandelion said...

was it the same toothpaste as in the picture of the coupon? Could also be a regional coupon I didnt get. Where are you located? I'm in Orlando, Fl