Tuesday, November 01, 2011

What to do with all that left over candy - Treats for Troops

So you are going to hand out a ton of candy for Halloween, but you don't want the left overs or your children to devour the 4 lbs they collect? There is a solution. Give it to grow men. No no, it makes sense. My buddy, Greg, told me that while he was in Afghanistan he would give simple candies, like peppermints, to the children and you would have thought you had just handed them a winning lotto ticket.... if they knew or cared about lotto tickets.


And I know a LOT of my mommy-friends are boycotting candy for their kids.... If anyone from my mommy groups wants to go in on this together to send a shipment, let me know and I will organize a drive!

Treats for Troops is a non-profit that sends toiletries, baked goods, candy and more to remote military camps, hospitals, and bases. They will gladly take your individually wrapped left over Halloween candy to send to our troops. 
According to founder, Karin King, many of our soldie too. We can send our toiletries and our candy to Treats for Troops, 29807 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel, FL 33543 and get more information at www.treatsfortroops.info.

Thanks for the info Lori@MoreWithLessToday!

No comments: