Thursday, October 22, 2009

Couponing Horror Stories

This thread is for YOU and your venting pleasure :-) PLEASE comment away about any negative experience you have had!
Seems to be a trend lately with RUDE and HATEFUL customer service at various stores (het-hmm Walgreens at Lake Underhill and Chicasaw as well as the one at Aloma and Goldenrod.)

Today I have a rant about Winn-Dixie at Goldenrod and University. If you have been following this blog very long, you know I stop by Winn Dixie first every Thursday and do multiple transactions with my and my husband's W-D cards so that I will hopefully get 2 $10/$50 catalinas to use at Publix. Also notable, I go through self-check every time.

Transaction #1:
5 Scotch-Brite scrubbing sponges - (10/$10)
Tried to use 5 .75 coupons and only 3 went through.When I reread the coupon it was .75/2! I run get one more so that they are at least even and no more coupons will scan So I have the customer service girl take one of them off. Of course I realize that one scanned for only 1 not 2, but since it went through before I went back to get another she went ahead and let that one stay on.
Total: 3.08
Saved: 4.75

Transaction #2:
18 Ricola - (B1G1 1.99)
Tried to use 9 B1G1 coupons. Should make the total 0.00 and the manufacturer still reimburses plus .08.
The machine took 4 of the coupons. The CS girl called someone over when she couldn't push the coupon through and they told me I was using too many coupons. One per two items is NOT too much. So after 10 minutes of them trying to tell me "the machine knows what it is doing and my coupons are no good." That is completely not true. Winn Dixie does not take competitor coupons so using more than one coupon on an item might trigger a beep, but if it is a W-D coupon and a manu coupon, then they can push it through = 2 coupons per item. Not a problem. She takes my receipt to the front counter and I do my last transaction.

Transaction #3:
With lady #2 standing over me, I scan my items
6 bags of Sargento cheese - (3/$5)
The lady is still standing there and I stop and turn around. She quickly says, "just want to make sure your coupons work." when she sees I only have 3 for $1/2 she scurries back to where ever she came from saying, "well that is only $3 off 10, so that should be just fine." Thanks for babysitting me lady.
Total: 7.00
Saved: 12.14

back to Transaction #2
At the customer service desk she scans the receipt to pull it up and then scans the coupons and they work without beeping and without having to type anything in. Total: 0.00 I have no idea why they would assume I was doing anything wrong.

I hate it when they follow you or stalk you or make you feel like a criminal when clearly you are not nor are you misusing coupons.

No comments: