Monday, February 13, 2012

*UPDATE* My Favorite Walgreens lost me today

What does this mean?
In the event that any item's selling price is less than the value of the coupon, Walgreens will only accept the coupon in exchange for the selling price of the item. Coupon redemption can never exceed the selling price of an item and no cash back is ever provided in exchange for any coupons.
I did not have the coupon policy WITH me .. .but it seems clear to me that if I am using a $3 off an item coupon for an item that is on sale for $2.99, that they would honor the coupon and reduce the value of the coupon to $2.99, right?!

I had issues last week with this same Cortaid coupon and the woman acted like I was trying to steal from the store. Today it was a different lady. Both of these women were very abrupt and rude to me. I didnt bother to try to argue my case, my time is worth more than that. She told me she knew the coupon policy and I apparently did not. Really?

Now I will no longer be shopping at my favorite Walgreens. Period. Ever. I will be calling the manager and corporate in the morning.

Have you had this issue and how did you handle it?

*UPDATE* Called the store this morning. It is always the next step. I have had great luck with Walgreens in the past I have no idea why it is getting so difficult so I wanted to make sure the manager and I were on the same page before climbing the ladder and then being asked if I contacted the store manager, ya know?

Big thanks to Mr. Hodgeman from store #3650 for handling my call this morning so kindly. It was a welcomed change from how others at that store have treated me. He agreed with me about the coupon policy and offered to make the deal right for me. He also says he will inform Mrs. Smith on the correct way to take coupons. I didn't even have to bother calling corporate.

No comments: