Friday, December 09, 2011

CVS - They will NOT give you a $3 discount for recycling your Christmas lights

Just a heads up... Their ad on page 4 is a lie. Sure, you can recycle your Christmas lights (says the man at corporate) but you will not get a special discount for doing so.

The 50-60 count LED Christmas lights are priced regularly at $9.99. When I scanned them it said "with card $6.99." It did NOT say "when you recycle your old lights $6.99." Therefore you should think of them as separate offers.

Apparently they are giving everyone the deal whether you have old lights or not. Thus the ad is fraudulent. You do NOT get a $3 discount when you recycle lights.

I think CVS should have honored their ad, but the best I got out of customer service was that they would talk to the advertising department about making the ads more clear. Sure would have saved me a trip with a rambunctious 1 year old. I have never been more disappointed with them. I was really looking forward to doing something better with all of these strands of lights than just throwing them away to add to land fills.

No comments: