Friday, January 08, 2010

Winn Dixie - Rant 2

In hopes that it was just the location not printing out $10/$50 catalinas, I decided to try the Winn Dixie nearer my home.

I got:
1 head of Lettuce
2 Yellow Onions
4 packs of Kraft Cheese (2/$4)
4 boxes of Finish dish stuff (flier says B1G1 4.99, shelf said 5.79)

Transaction #1. First they tell me they no longer take IP coupons so I told him I did not want the Kraft Cheese then. The onions and lettuce rang up $3.00. No $/$$ printed

Transaction #2. Different card. The Finish did not ring B1G1 so a manager was called over. No one knew why they were not ringing up the right price and apparently they do not keep the ad in the store b/c they told me I should have brought the ad with me, but THIS TIME they would do it. The manager rang up 4 Nabisco Tray Packs (5.99... NOT 5.79) I didnt bother complaining... whatever... I have 4 coupons for $2.50 off 1 Finish. The manager had darted off by the tim eI handed the cashier my coupons. He told me, well we can't use these as that was not what was rung up... "that was what I BOUGHT. I can't help what was rang up" (for a different price mind you.) Manager came back and told me he should only take 2 as I was getting 2 for free and not BUYING them. I told him each coupon was good towards one item I was purchasing and I was purchasing 4. He tried to argue, but there was a line. The old lady behind me told me "well he already gave you the discount, just take it." The manager told me THIS time he would take my 4 coupons. Final price was .78 cents. Oh, and no $/$$.

So now I have to carry the AD and the COUPON POLICY?! Really? Pathetic.

Winn Dixie, it has been a long long journey, but I fear we must part ways.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suggest you contact corporate. I am sure that they do not want to hear that there is an unhappy customer!! You may even end up with a gift card!! Believe me it works--whenever I gripe I get a gift card--just haven't tried with WD. Good Luck if you try!!

BeaDandelion said...

Even Winn Dixie? I have heard bad things about their corporate management and phone calls.

I happen to be one of those ppl who will complain in the store but if it goes BEYOND that, I simply will avoid them altogether. I dont want to take the problem home.

Where is the coupon policy!? I cant seem to find it.