Friday, January 15, 2010

Kim Komando - Daily Download



What exactly is in your computer?

I have a little exercise for you. List the components in your computer. How far did you get? You probably know the CPU and how much RAM it has. What about the motherboard, hard drive and graphics card?
I don't know all of my specifications, either. But being able to find your detailed hardware configuration can be important.

Speccy makes it easy. It will list all the important components in your computer. You'll get manufacturers, model numbers and speed ratings. With the right equipment, it can even check component temperatures.
This is important if you're looking to upgrade your computer. Model numbers are necessary if you're trying to get technical support.

Speccy is still in beta testing. So, you may run into a few bugs. However, I saw no problems when I tested it.

Cost: Free
System: Windows XP, Vista and 7
Go HERE to download

No comments: