Wednesday, September 17, 2014

[Recipe] - Carolina Q - #SaveALotInsiders

Are you ready for some football?
My husband's favorite food to make and eat is "Q"

"Q" stands for Carolina BBQ. Specifically North Carolina BBQ. Apparently different from the rest of the world. Growing up in Florida, BBQ was grilled chicken breasts and legs with some (usually) store bought BBQ sauce painted onto it 2 minutes before it came off the grill. Nope, that is NOT "Q".
I was asked by a representative from Save-A-Lot to make you a game day meal in a crockpot. Well, that was a no-brainer!

I recently became a member of the #SaveALotInsiders so I sent my husband to Save-A-Lot for a pork butt, apple cider vinegar, Cheyenne pepper, black pepper and a pinch of garlic powder. He spent less than $12.

Place the pork butt in the crockpot with 3 table spoons of vinegar over it. Sprinkle the butt with Cheyenne pepper and let it sit for 8 hours on low. Take it out and shred it.

The sauce is just a cup of AVC, Cheyenne pepper, black pepper and the garlic powder simmer on the stove for about 3 minutes.
He likes to keep the sauce on the side, mostly bc it is too spicy for our kids. He will pour it over his when it hits his plate. You can put it on hamburger buns or just on a plate.
...and of course we ate it too fast to take pictures. D'oh!
Disclaimer - I was compensated by SocialChorus to present an easy game day meal with products bought at Save-A-Lot. The recipe and opinions are my own. #spon: I'm required to disclose a relationship between my site and %{Save-A-Lot}. This could include the %{Save-A-Lot} providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.

No comments: