Thursday, March 06, 2014

I Hate To Complain... but

This Giant Eagle bag of Fresh Express is BOGO FREE, right? It says so. I know many groceries will say "Sure it is BOGO, but you only have to buy ONE."

OK but if you have a manufacturer coupon that says you get a FREE bag of salad + the store says you only have to pay for one bag to get 2, then you should be able to get both bags FREE (manufacturer will reimburse +$.08), right!?
But the store close to my house doesn't play like that. They take off 50%, which would be fine if I only wanted ONE bag, but I wanted TWO. And the deal was technically "buy one, get one free!"
1. The price PER BAG. This is the total.
2. CLEAR. You buy one bag, you get the second one completely FREE. Period.
3. This is the price when you buy TWO.
4. If you buy TWO, you will save the complete price of ONE
5. This is the final price per item, when you buy both of them, per the deal.

They took $1.75 off the first bag. They took $1.74 off the second bag. So the most the computer knew to take off was $1.75.

I didn't have the time to argue, 2 people behind me had already moved to other lanes. One woman 2 behind me completely agreed with me, heck the cashier, Clarke, agreed with me, but 2 front end employees disagreed rather than override the computer. You see I was buying a whopping 4 items, I wasn't in the mood to argue any longer.

From their coupon policy:
Coupon value cannot exceed the price of the item(s) purchased. If it does, we can only redeem up to the value of the item(s) purchased (excluding sales tax).
*Therefore they have a glitch they need to fix in their computers

I have found that I prefer Aldi's and Sam's Club anyhow.

Anyone else had trouble like this?

I miss Publix. They know how coupons work. Sad that this particular store has completely lost my business.

No comments: