Friday, March 30, 2012

Homemade - Coloring Naturally

I like to think of my self as healthy as can be. My family is VERY athletic, we love our veggies and we communicate very openly. But I never really think about food dyes, except around Easter.

My friend Nicole recently colored eggs the most beautiful shades of the rainbow using natural food items to do so and I got to thinking of other ways to color my eggs. I posted about Tie-dye and Shaving cream dying (clearly not as healthy) and I figure I am not eating the shell so whats the real harm? Right? Well shells are porous so I guess I need to be at least a little concerned.

So here I bring you yet another way to color your foods.
For coloring ANY food, read this insightful post on Fine Cooking
Then - Egg-cellent Idea for Easter: Read Robyn Doyon-Aitken's post on How to Color Easter Eggs Naturally using kitchen staples like vegetables, berries, coffee, tea, and more.

Do you color naturally? What are your favorite tips? 

No comments: