Thursday, September 08, 2011

Recycling 101 - Is this overboard?

So I have told you about adventures in "Recycling" before...
Sometimes the day after a flier has come in the Redplum junk mailers for $5/$30 at Publix, my buddy and I will head over to a nearby apartment complex and sort through the trash cans directly next to the mail boxes. You rarely find anything but trash and the occasional Slurpee cup or banana peel. Otherwise, not too dirty of trash. You leave with 20-40 coupons which equal $5 CASH each!!!
But some people take it to extreme... and I find it funny. I used to notice my neighbor would leave out old shoes by the road. Sure enough SOMEONE would snatch them up by the morning.
I am testing this right now with an old office chair. There is a $5 sign on it, but seriously I would be OK if it wasn't there in the morning.
I have left my old running shoes out there ever since! Every 4 months or so... it's just so hard to trash them even though I have run 400 miles in them and podiatrist say you should only put about 250 miles on each pair of shoes. They are never there 8 hours later. 

But this one story might take the cake, and there are a LOT of dumpster divers out there!!! Read about it HERE... and then tell me what extreme you would go to.

No comments: