Friday, November 13, 2009

My CVS and Walgreens shopping today

I stopped at CVS first
I had a 6.99 ECB for each of my cards from 2 weeks ago, they expire tomorrow so instead of loosing yet another ECB I went in to at least spend it.
Both transactions were the exact same.


2 Garnier nutritioniste face cleaners - (Sale 5.99)
2 Schick sample size women's razors - 2pack - (1.29)
2 Garnier manu $2.50
1 Schick disposable manu $3 reduced to 2.68 - (second transaction she realized it was supposed to be 2.58 so it ended up being .10 more)
USED: 6.99 ECB
TOTAL: .84 or .95
GOT: 2 $7 ECBs
SAVED: $29.23
SPENT: $1.79

Then I hit Walgreens (which btw has all their halloween candy for less than $1 right now, mostly candy corn type stuff, but also some chocolate and twizzlers) - I had $45 RR to use up before Sunday



Transaction #1:
2 Clearasil Ultra Face Wash - (B1G1 8.99)
2 Clearasil Ultra Face Scrub - (B1G1 8.99)
2 Clearasil Spot pen - (B1G1 10.48)
Nutrioniste eye roller pen - (Sale 25% off - 9.74) $2.50 manu
2 Right Guard Deodorant - (sign said 3.29 rang up 2.99) I could only print 1 $1 manu HERE
2 packs of Huggies Diapers - (Sale $3 off 8.99) (adding to my stock) $1.50 manu, $3 manu both from babyclubs
1 Noxema Razor - (sign says 5.99 flier says 1.99)
* The Noxema razors each had  $2 peelie, the manager should have just adjusted the coupon down to 1.99 so that I was still responsible for tax. When she rang the first coupon through I had 2 Noxema razors rang up. When the second one would not go through I had her remove one, she left the coupon, I didn't bother to bring it up. She was telling me that any adjustment of the coupon or sale item constituted coupon fraud. It does not. AMY CAN YOU FURTHER EXPLAIN THIS IN A COMMENT?!
1 Gourmet lollipop - (.59) filler item to use my final $5 RR

Total including all items even the B1G1 would have been $110.42
USED: $10 RR, $10 RR, $10 RR, $5 RR, $5 RR, $5 RR (45 RR) -- from the makeup deal 2 weeks ago
Walgreens advertised savings: 42.72
Manu coupon savings: 59.00
After the coupons and RRs TOTAL: $8.70
*And if you think about it, 1 pack of diapers would have cost more than that...

Transaction #2:
1 Noxema razor - (sign says 5.99 flier says 1.99) used the peelie... the manager acted as if she was fighting with it for a few minutes then told me I owed .13 (the tax)

TOTAL SPENT: 8.83
TOTAL SAVED: 103.72

5 comments:

BeaDandelion said...

To top it all off, the woman who checked me out was not going to give me my print outs. One being a high priced diaper coupon. I didnt think about why she would hold onto it until right now. She was about 9 months pregnant. But I saw where she had stashed them and reached over and grabbed them with the manager there and mentioned that "these were my printouts."

Amy said...

Wow what store was that at? First they can be fired for NOT giving you the catalinas!!! I would call corporate about that for sure.

Second, Walgreens is very weird about adjusting coupons. I RARELY can get them to adjust a coupon down but I have been VERY successful at having them adjust the price of the item up to the coupon amount.

Really since they get reimbursed the full face value of the coupon, it MIGHT be fraud for them to adjust it down, I have started looking into this lately. They should give YOU the overage (which I know Walgreens does not allow overage so that isn't going to happen any time soon I am sure)

BeaDandelion said...

Oh now you have kinda scared me.
1. I have never called corporate
2. Where do I find the corporate number or must I call a store to get it?

And that was the Walgreens I was raving about a few days ago (Curry Ford and Chicasaw)

BeaDandelion said...

oh and on the second transaction I saw that she didnt ADJUST anything.. she VOIDED the 1.99 razors leaving the tax.

Which WOULD in fact be fraud-ish on her part. I felt bad for not bringing up that she probably should have removed the coupon from the first transaction, I was so annoyed I didnt care at that point.

BeaDandelion said...

Amy I can't do it. I just can't bring myself to call corporate. I would feel horrible if this woman was fired and I can't justify it by thinking that they may send me something for free. UGH!!! I really want to make this situation right.. CORRECT the lady so that she knows she can't just KEEP my printouts.. but I simply cant this time.