Thursday, November 01, 2012

Homemade - Pumpkin seeds

OK so I dont MAKE the seeds myself, but I do roast them and finally this year I did better than any year before. My husband doesnt let me cook because I dont use recipes... I think I will keep at my plan, it seems to work for me :)
Photo Credit - My fav photog ever - Jason Quitos of Orlando

However I have a few tricks up my sleeve that I like to break out and if you have been following my blog very long you know I like to play! Rainbow cupcakes, playdoh cookies... I make up my own ideas...

I found that cooking the seeds at 200* for 10 minutes, flipping them, 10 more minutes... then let cool and if they arent quite crunchy enough, put back in for 10 minutes.

But its not just the crunch that makes them perfect. You need a good taste! I like Lowry's seasoning and a dash of pepper. Or try celery salt and garlic powder! I havent tried it yet, but these Maple Cinnimon seeds seem delish!!! And as soon as all of my neighbors give me their pumpkin seeds I will try them!

*Not to worry... here in PA, our Halloween was delayed until this weekend due to Hurricane Sandy so the seeds will be fresh when everyone cracks open those pumpkins!

Check out the other 34 WONDERFUL recipes for Fall HERE!

No comments: