Saturday, November 14, 2009

Target Problems with LeapFrog

Multiple issues with Target and their PROMISED Price Matching 

 

Apparently this only matters when it serves their purpose. HERE someone went through the trouble to contact Guest Relations (see PDF) and receive an email that explains "We do accept the manufacturer coupon and the Target coupon to be used with the Low Price Promise Ad Match."
Scenerio:
LeapFrog Alphabet Pal (the walk along caterpillar thing) regularly around $20 at Target
Toys-r-Us has it for 50% off during their 2-day DoorBuster sale (Friday 3-midnight/Saturday 7-11pm) Actual price in ad 10.49, was 20.99

Target Pricing information - Price Matching
LOW PRICE PROMISE - I did not find online until they pulled it up on their computers. However when they printed it (4x) the ONE line that did not print up on the 2 pages included the price matching exclusions (last item on the page) that includes Timed events (e.g., early bird, doorbusters)

Awfully convenient.
But clearly they are NOT accepting THIS ad match.

On another note, I got a ton of stuff for great prices!
 
6 Up & Up baby wipes - (travel section) (.97) $1 Target IP
5 Tide 2x Ultra - (travel section) (.97) $1 manu
5 Hefty One-Zips - (travel section) (.97) $1 manu
3 Johnson & Johnson first aid kits - (travel section) (.97) $1 manu
5 Raovac batteries - (dollar section) (1.00) $1 manu
LeapFrog My Puppy Pal - (14.99) $5 Target IP
Raid Ant Traps - (4.64)

TOTAL OOP: 16.91 (pretty much just the 9.99 LeapFrog, 4.64 Ant bait and tax)
SAVED: 28.44 (I think it was more than that, but the receipt is not detailed to figure out where it went)

Of course they didnt want to take my coupons because they were worth more than the cost of the items.  Pull out the online target coupon policy found HERE... they adjusted the coupons down.

ALWAYS GO PREPARED... they can't argue with you.
ALWAYS BE POLITE!!! Even though I didn't get my LeapFrog Alphabet Pal, I thanked the young guys and told them that now that it was clear I would make sure to pass the info along on my blog.

2 comments:

Tina M said...

Thanks for the link to the coupon policy. I didn't have that before and in the past they have declined my coupons even though they were Target coupons as they were more than the item. I really needed that. I went ahead and purchased the Alphabet pal as the price was still lower than TRU. Would have been nice if they accepted the ad.

BeaDandelion said...

I would almost swear they posted that extra line on Saturday morning as alllll of the blogs I follow had people getting the deal successfully for .49.

I had no idea it was on any blogs until a girlfriend emailed me saying she was going to try to price match and coupon it. I was quite sad not to get the deal! There are a handful of rugrats in our family, one due next week and ours in April... oh well.

If you happen to find deals that I dont have, email me!

Beadandelion@gmail.com