Sunday, January 22, 2012

Walmart and their overage laws

I was so excited to work this deal -Walmart - Quit Smoking and MAKE MONEY!

My husband and I both stopped smoking about 4 and 5 years ago and I was hoping to supply my BIL with a LOT of this to maybe replace his dip habit.

After waiting and waiting the customer service guy comes back and says they can give UP TO the value amount for free, but not overage. I show him the coupon policy and he says OK he has to get it over ridden by someone higher... he goes to scan it and it WONT SCAN~!!! 

The coupon policy states it MUST scan. So I end my fight because I was following coupon policy and that was written on the policy.

I had 3 people print this coupon for me from 3 different homes.

Anyone else have this issue?

5 comments:

A. Drewes said...

I'm not a smoker so I haven't done this one, but at my walmart (I'm in NEw Orleans) I now have to check out in Customer Service with any printable coupons because they have to validate if it's legit or not due to too many coupon fraud/scams with printable coupons. And if I remember correctly it has to scan. But I'm not 100% on that. After that I try not to use printable coupons to avoid the hassle and long line just to be able to get my sales.

Yes, I have to GO to customer service, not have someone come to the register I'm at. Sucks and inconvenient if you ask me --but that's Walmart for you.

BeaDandelion said...

I dont bother with cashiers even at the grocery. I always go to the manager. I have so many coupons I dont want to bother everyone in line or screw up the cashiers or mess up their day and I usually need a manager key anyhow.

Knowing this would require overage and a manager I chose customer service.

But yep, clear as day ... clear as the printing that they must hand you back cash is the line about a coupon must scan. I didnt even try to argue with that. it was true and it was what it was.... I obey the policy, and it didnt work for me.

BeaDandelion said...

FTR: I havent smoked in over 4 years, I was getting this for overage and THIS helped me quit I was going to get it for my BIL to help him quit dipping... but I dont even think he considers dipping a problem. All I know is it is expensive and gross. Gum is much more acceptable.

Justin @ Publix said...

I think the reason they don't scan is b/c of the new barcode system (coupons like these don't even scan at Publix).

Everyone needs to update their system!

I will try this today if I get time and give it to someone who SHOULD quit smoking (sorta like "take the hint, here's this free stuff). :)

BeaDandelion said...

I have had no problems with Publix taking redplum coupons before. Walmart is just slow. Let me know which store you go to and if you get overage. I tried colonial near alafaya. I HATE that store!