Sunday, October 02, 2011

Reader Trips - I do not heart Walmart

So I headed off to Walmart this morning before church to hit up a few REALLY hot deals before they sold out.

I wanted 2 Icy Hot Naturals - HERE -  I found them on a clip hanger, not on a shelf
I wanted to get 8 Covergirl blushes - HERE - $3.74 each - use (4) $8/2 10/2 PG
I wanted to get 4 Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet starter kits - HERE - On sale $3.97 - Use (4) $4 9/11SS

Here is the low down... and I mean DOWN. I may never return.

The Scrubbing bubbles was marked 9.97 - the ad says it is on sale $3.97... we will get to that. ($.03 OVERAGE)
Pumpking - $1.00
Icy Hot - $.97 - ($.03 OVERAGE)
2 covergirl cheekers - $3.74 each ... we will get into that. ($.06 OVERAGE each)
Total for Transaction #1 - $1.23 after tax
HERE IS THE AD:
 HERE IS THE PACKAGE:
It's missing the pretty yellow strip, otherwise is the EXACT same thing... 1 device - check. 1 refill - check. 18oz - check. The manager from the department came over and said that he knew this was going to be a problem and went to 2 other stores over night and couldnt find them there either. I call BS. He said to sell me 1. Thing is we have several toilets and I wanted 1 for each and one for my mother.

The Walmart Coupon Policy states:
Item purchased must be identical to the coupon (size, quantity, brand, flavor, color, etc).
*Other than the yellow stripe, it WAS! - Your Manager May Vary (YMMV)

THEN....
I mentioned I only got 2 Covergirl blushes in the first transaction (I was also only allowed to get 1 Icy Hot in each transaction too) The manager said only 1 coupon per transaction.. when CLEARLY it says "LIMIT OF 4 LIKE COUPONS IN A TRANSACTION" on the second line in bold, red face type.

Again, citing the coupon policy -
There is no limit on the number of coupons per transaction.
*I assume unless otherwise stated... so the limit on THIS coupon is 4 LIKE coupons in 1 transaction. No word on having to LEAVE the premises first.

I am NOT pleased with the way I was treated.. as if I could not read the coupon myself.

To make matters worse a woman standing behind me asked if this one coupon was what was holding us up... she said she would give me the $.06. I told her I had the other things to get to so that wouldnt help. And that is when the cashier told me I would have to leave the store and come back another day.

I left in a sour mood and I WILL be calling corporate tomorrow.

1 comment:

Raja Shekhar said...

I totally agree with you. I hate walmart more than any other store. This is all because of the way they handle coupons. Every employee reads and accepts the coupon in a different way. Most of the times they try to reject the coupons. The line becomes so full behind you it makes you feel like you are the one stopping all of them.
Most of the times i try to avoid Walmart if i have to buy anything with a coupon.