Monday, May 24, 2010

I am NOT happy.

... and it sucks because I am normally a really happy girl.

Remember Saturday's deal of the day at Staples.com? Read my happy dance HERE

Today, not even like this morning, but tonight at 6:34 PM I get this email:
Thank you for choosing Staples.


We regret to inform you that item 593805, Marcal Bath Tissue, on the order number referenced above was unable to be shipped with your order. This item was part of a one-day deal on Saturday, 5/22/10 while supplies lasted and the offer is sold out.


We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. You have not been billed for this item.


If we can be of further assistance, please contact us by either calling 800-333-3330 or by emailing support@orders.staples.com.


Sincerely,
Staples Customer Service
Are you freaking kidding me? Here is my reply.... I hope they head the blogger beware. I think what they did was just wrong.
The offer was not sold out when I ordered it.

I have been a loyal staples customer for years, this rejection of my order puts a very sour taste in my mouth and I must admit that for the first time ever I am disappointed in your company.

I ordered in the afternoon, I realize that the deal was "while supplies last," but it was 4 or 5 hours later when I checked the site and a limit had finally been reached. You are far too large of a company to not be watching your totals and ending the deal when supplies began to run low.


I hope that you find a way to right this. Otherwise I just do not see how I can put trust in ordering anything from this store online again. I intend to inform my bloggers and readers of this let down and learn how many others were rejected 2 days after they placed their orders and gave over their credit card information.
I better get some attention from them for this. I highly doubt I do. If you got this email, let me know ... and tell me what you are doing to handle it and if you told them you were upset or just let it go. This was going to make a HUGE difference in our spending. I GET that it is simply toilet paper... but it is a large expense when you dont have these deals very often.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I understand. The offer should have been closed down when they were sold out. Geesh, it's not like they can't keep track of things like that. Right is right and wrong is wrong. I hope they do the right thing.