Friday, January 22, 2010

Doing the Disney thing!

Well not completely... I am VOLUNTEERING to get my pass. Give a Day Get a Day. Its a great program. Working in media, I recently found out we COULD get our tickets for free regardless... but I like the idea of helping out and I am slightly embarrassed to admit that it only takes 4 hours of "helping out"... For real.


I posted a while back about doing this with my husband, but as of last week he has been in NC with the in-laws as my MIL was rushed back to the hospital for emergency surgery due to an infection (we think) that showed up days after her 2nd back surgery. Thanking God daily (!!!!) she is improving, very very slowly, but we will take anything in the right direction! Needless to say, hubby wont be getting his free ticket. And while he says, "That means we get in for 1/2 price!" I remind him, "No that means you make up your day... but don't worry, I'll go back with you and volunteer a few more hours!!"

So I picked a food pantry to work at... with a reason! I'm not up for any garage sales at 7 months beached, so I am also taking a large bag of cereal, snacks and cleaning sponges to donate. I can't tell you how excited I am!

So, no blogging until I get back! I hope you all go sign up for one of the opportunities! You can read to kids, walk dogs, feed elderly, do yard work... ANYTHING. And while I was certain the venues would fill up, more are in place daily! GO! RUN! NOW! HERE! (Oh and you can get your little one to participate too and they will get a free day pass to a Disney theme park too!

No comments: