Monday, September 28, 2015

Where am I? (and) Where have I been?

I'm not sure I know...
Disclaimer: I am not abandoning coupon blogging... but I either need more clicks or more followers. I need to change things up a bit. 
These days are a whirlwind, but I am IN that whirlwind. So I guess I have been being "present" ... it is a thing very hard for bloggers to be.

Bloggers spend HOURS a day looking up things for you guys to read, in my case I spent hours a day finding deals and coupons and praying you would click my links. I have been at this for 8 years, easily spending 50 hours a week and not making $100 a month. But I have kids and I want to stay home so at least there was SOMETHING coming in from my side. And if I went back to work and put the kids in daycare, then I would make an average of $50 a month after daycare was factored into it. So it seemed like the logical thing to do, right? I get to stay home, I get to find good deals that benefit us too, I get a few bucks here and there.

But you guys dont click my links very often and those who are printing my coupons are sparse and I am no longer wanting to spend hours upon hours away from the kids who float around behind my back.

Less than 2 months ago, the Ivanovski's 15 year old daughter Emma died. All the time spent blogging and looking up deals, they cant trade that in for more time with their child. I only have 2 kids. They are growing up so fast and I am missing out on a lot.

Today you will find me posting to Facebook (on my personal account), posting on Twitter, and Periscoping (you HAVE to check this gig out and follow me!!!).

This year both of my kids are in school, at least most days. And the days that they arent, we are exploring and appreciating the time we have together ('cuz man o man, those days when they are both in school are traumatizing to me.) Maintaining a household, 4 schedules, laundry, dishes, my "me time" being a 27 minute jog once a day, and all the other things that go into being a mom, I am proud to say that this blog is becoming the last thing on my mind.

I love you all and I WANT to continue, and I WILL continue... but I suspect this place is going to turn more personal... You will see more stories about my life and my kids.

Stick with me kid, it's gonna be an adventure.

2 comments:

Raja Shekhar said...

I am one of the frequent visitors of your blog. However these days the coupons and deals are not worth printing or shopping. Its been months since i used a coupon and i even unsubscribed to my news paper.

As you said, even my kids are growing and i was debating how best i should use my time. My 19th month old is keeping us busy but we are still enjoying it because we are not planning to have any more kids. I wish i had lot of money to afford one more kid :)

It also goes back to where you want to spend your time. Last weekend i learned and replaced two garage door openeres. Believe me, the contractors want $425 each and i bought a clearence one for $62 each and installed myself. This saved me $700. I curse the blood sucking contractors and now i am proud, i know one more thing about the house maintenance.

BeaDandelion said...

Ah!!! Raja you mean so much to me! Thank you for continuing to support me and this blog.

I getcha on those contractors!! My car failed state inspection last month and they wanted $1200 to repair at Monroe Muffler in Monroeville. I bought the part online at Partsgeek dot com for $300, it arrived the next day and Johnny Mocks repair shop put it on for $134.

My husband and I (I use the word "I" loosely) pulled up the bathroom floor and re-tiled it this past week (its still going on) and saved HUNDREDS on not relying on anyone else to do it! It's been intimidating, but we are so proud of the work that came from our own hands.

Save money anyhow you can, kids arent cheap! I want one more, but it's not really in the budget.