Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Credit Sesame - FREE credit monitoring (I did it!)


I had my identity stolen 4 years ago. So I signed up for Credit Sesame to see how it would work.

The first page is just your name (Legal name or it wont work, obviously) an email you use and a password you want to use.

The second page is a little more personal and sometimes makes me nervous. You have to use your SS# to allow Experian to access your info to alert you if anything funky happens on your account. It is totally encrypted, check out the little lock box in the addy bar. I would NOT do it if it wasnt safe.

The third page is where you confirm the 3 places you MIGHT or MIGHT NOT have accounts... you can say you didnt. They are just trying to confirm who you are.

The fourth page is just opt in to learn more or ignore and press "done"... I opted into a few things.

The whole process took about 30 seconds and now I am protected! I wish I had done this before! Sweet... my credit is 766... and I dont have anything but 1 credit card, a savings account that I dont use and I am on a mortgage with my hubby. That is awesome!

Go HERE to see what your score is and track your protection. I did!

No comments: