Friday, June 22, 2012

Reader Trips - Eating super healthy for $6

With our move to Pittsburgh coming up, hubby has informed me that I should STOP buying groceries... ummm okkkkay! (?????) I paid cash today... and less than $10 so he should be happy. A little pre-planning goes a LONG way!

Post Cereal Honey Bunches of Oats, 13 to 18 oz, BOGO $2.77
-$1/1 Post Honey Bunches of Oats (facebook) *Only lets you print ONCE!!

Total - $1.77/2 or $.89 each


Romaine lettuce - 3.29
Cucumbers - 2/$.99

2 - Natures Own bread - BOGO 2.99
-$.75/1 Nature’s Own Product, any – 05-13-12 SS (I never found this coupon)


4 Nature's Made vitamins - (3)4.79 & 1(4.39)
-$1 off Nature Made product, (sign in) printable
-$1 off Nature Made Vitamin D supplement, (sign in) printable
-$2 off Nature Made product printable
-$6/2 Nature Made vitamins (Publix coupon), Green Advantage flyer (EXP 06/22)
-$1 off Nature Made product, SS 6/03
-$1 off Nature Made vitamin D, SS 6/03

Used (2) store coupons $6/2 & (4) $2/1 manufacturer coupons
Total - Overage



Green smoothie ingredients:
Strawberries - 4.98
Spinach - 2.49
Kale - 2.99
Publix OJ - 3.99
Bananas - 2.57
Honey Mango - 3/$3.00


Now.... I also had 2 rainchecks from the gas cards failing to ring up on Wednesday (the last day for that deal)


Vendor coupons - $10
Store coupons - $32.00
Special Price Savings - $9.11
Total Savings - $51.11
Total cost - $106.82
MINUS the $100 bc that would have been spent anyhow on gas! So I spent $6.82 on all of this!!

4 comments:

Raja Shekhar said...

Did you say you are coming to Pittsburgh, PA??? I live in Pittsburgh, 15102 area.

BeaDandelion said...

I am! Forest Hills Boro. We just bought a house :) We will be kinda like neighbors... And I will have to come to you to figure out where and how to coupon! You dont have a Publix and I am very very sad.

Raja Shekhar said...

Yeah, i want to tell you about that. If you have any gift cards from stores only in your area, you better spend them now.

Nice to know that you are coming to our city. Now i am hoping i can reproduce your shopping scenarios.

BeaDandelion said...

Oh yeah.. I'm on that. Do you have a Kohl's??

I cant wait to explore a Rite Aid finally!!!