Monday, April 09, 2012

Reader Trips - I made money on a gas card @ Publix

Gas is ridiculous! So when I told my husband this weekend I was getting as many gas cards as I could on Monday, he was like, "OK." I dont think he knew that would include $300 worth of gas cards, but since we spend $200 a month right now and prices are just rising, I am totally OK with it. (And he didnt chew me out when I got home! Rock on!

I bought 7 Pepsi Next 12-packs - $25.62
You have to spend $25 to qualify to buy the gas card
$50 Gas Card
Minus $10 in ad coupon for the gas card
Minus $5/$30 from this weekend's paper
Minus [7] $2 off ONE Pepsi Next in the Yellow Advantage Flier
Total - $48.34

So I got almost $2 of free gas PLUS 7 packs of soda!
We don't generally drink soda, so hubby will likely take these with him to work or we will serve them when we have guests that *do* drink soda.

BTW - the $300 in gas cards came from all the other transactions I did. That is coming up in the next post.

*UPDATE* you may need to buy 9 cases to pay $50 for both soda and gas card. Just realized my total was not $30 (before gift card) as it needed to be to use the $5/$30. WHOOPS!! I'm human, surprise! :) Still, that is $1.66 more for 2 more cases of Pepsi!

No comments: