Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Homemade - Chickpea & Sweet Potato Curry


I am NOT vegan... but my oh my I could accidentally become one! My house smells like heaven right now!
seeeeee... I actually cooked it! ^

Ingredients:

  • 2 Tbs. canola oil
  • 1 small yellow onion, chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
  • 1 Tbs. chopped fresh ginger
  • 1 Thai or jalapeƱo chili, seeded and finely chopped
  • 1 Tbs. curry powder
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
  • 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
  • 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can (14 fl. oz.) coconut milk, well shaken
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup frozen peas
  • 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes, drained
  • Steamed basmati rice for serving (optional) 
For actual instructions visit Williams-Sonoma

Thanks MichelleB!

No comments: