Friday, November 18, 2011

[Review] Ascensionary Urban Tees

Chris, a New York artist has approached me, asking me to review his Ascensionary shirts. My husband is a T-shirt junkie when he is not required to wear a tie... so he was more than willing to try on a few shirts and let me know what he thought of them!
This Blue 3 Crown shirt is my favorite it is a "burned through" shirt style, so some parts are thinner than others giving it a bit of a worn look, it is also very very soft!
The trademark logo was chosen because Chris wanted it to tie in with the general theme of the brand.  The logo is a gothic style logo that relates to the medieval artwork that is a big part of the brand.  Medieval crests, swords, knights and such are icons that never really go out of fashion. 
Chris writes in a recent online interview with Susan Newman Design:
My company Kihlstrom Fine Art has been in business since August of 2005.  It started out strictly as a fine art company for the first two and a half years.  I started to put my artwork onto shirts and sell them to stores.
The business has so far just been a side business.  Most of my income still comes from my freelance graphic arts work for other apparel companies in New York City. 

I donate my artwork for auction to benefit the Hoboken Homeless Shelter. I do what I can to help under my modest budget.  If my company continues to grow I will have more to give.

In the spirit of Giving Thanks, I urge you to check out his website Ascensionary.com! What a wonderful way to give back! Thanks Chris and best of luck to you! Many of the shirts are at $7.95-$9.95 including shipping!

No comments: