Saturday, September 03, 2011

Couponing - Why do YOU coupon?

A while ago I asked you, "Why do YOU coupon?" We all have different reasons, and all of them are really great reasons! Any reason to save money is a great reason if ya ask me!

I have gotten a great response and will continue to post these regularly! 

Katherin says:
To answer your blog question: When my youngest was born I was receiving WIC and realized how much it was saving us! I loved having a pantry stocked up with cereal, rice, beans etc. Was we weren't eligible anymore I started looking into couponing. After going to a friend's house for a 101 course back in April of '10 and feeling completely overwhelmed with information, I slowly began collecting the inserts, cautiously removing peelies from products I wasn't buying at publix (while checking around if someone was looking). I'm still learning. It is simply, very satisfying to contribute (by saving) in some way.. my husband is happy :) and besides the hard work and hours entailed in using coupons..it's always a thrill to see how much you can get with what you paid.
I, too, pull peelies when I see them on products I regularly buy, even if I do not plan to buy that item RIGHT then. As long as you use them they are not going to waste and both the manufacturer and retailer are making their money off of them.

No comments: