Tuesday, June 21, 2011

101 - When is a FREE coupon a BAD deal?

I could shoot myself right now.

So I had this coupon for a free Suave Dry shampoo (I really wanted it too) or other product line product up to $3.00.

I JUST found my coupon clutch and realized I needed to use this coupon by tomorrow or I was SOL.

Well on my way to make some money at Publix, I stopped at Walgreens. I had a few freebie coupons for coffee drinks and Lipton, but I didnt find them. I also didnt find the dry shampoo. Being baby-free I didnt want to waste time so I grabbed a suave product  and headed to the counter. $3.00 turns out to be $3.20 and the coupon takes off $3.00... I am stuck paying $.20 for a fine mist hairspray I will likely never use and will probably donate.

THIS WAS A BAD DEAL. I paid $.20 for a freebie I will never use. I didnt break the bank... but do you KNOW what I can buy with $.20?

I redeemed myself by making $.06 at Publix... so technically I was only out $.14 cents... but that $.14 cents was on something I dont need or want. Thank goodness I only had ONE of those coupons! No telling the damage I would have done!

No comments: