Wednesday, May 11, 2011

New Goal - Spaghetti for 300... for $0

I have told you in the past DO NOT STOCKPILE noodles. Well you can, but you have to ziplok them, freeze them 3 days and then store them.... I don't have the freezer space and we have discovered weevils twice now. (Quick remedy: throw out all noodles. Stat!)

So right now we don't actually have a stockpile of noodles...just a box that I left in the freezer. (I am so totally grossed out by weevils now)

I have a new goal though! My grandmother turns 90 in 2 months and I am responsible for the noodles and sauce. We stocked up on sauce a year ago and have managed to donate TONS of it and never had to buy more. However, our stockage on sauce wont feed 300.... not the way my family eats!

I am going to be posting a new series called Spaghetti for 300, with a personal goal to spend as little as possible and I will be keeping you up to date as I go. I would prefer to do it for free... but I will keep it realistic.

For some reason my sister thinks that means we need 50 boxes of noodles and 50 jars of sauce. So that will be my goal.

I should be able to get all of the noodles for less than $.10 a box, maybe even Overage. I should be able to get the sauce for $1 a jar or less.... The big cans are only $1, right now Publix has the Bertolli on BOGO... I should be coming home tomorrow with 10-20 jars.

1 comment:

suoicerp21 said...

You think 50 jars of sauce is enough for 300 people? The way I eat, I'd get 100 jars! :)