Thursday, April 07, 2011

Did you catch Extreme Couponing on TLC last night?

Me? Are you kidding... I DVRed it so I could watch it over and over. I'm kidding. I DID DVR it, but because I was in this room blogging and then rushing off to bed.

I MUST brag that I am so in awe of a fellow blogger friend of mine! Tiffany from Mylitter was on it! I get her daily email. I dont remember her saying she was going to be on it.. What's wrong with me!? Certainly she mentioned it, right!? Maybe she is too shy to talk of such things. I wouldn't be.. then again they would NEVER ask me to be on it. I am a moderate couponer since the baby was born.

My theory is to stockpile exactly what we use. If we end up with a crazy surplus, we donate it. However I dont intend to crazy-coupon / extreme coupon forever.... and that stockpile of razors is NOT going to go bad, so I hang onto my 4 boxes of razors.... after all, I now have a son and in 14 years he will want to shave too, right? lol. I would bang my head into a wall if he or my husband EVER (again) wanted to buy razor refills that cost $18. [I wish I were kidding... Hubby's refills DID cost that before we got engaged!!!]

Thing is.. this show made us look like Hoarders.. and having Hoarders on immediately afterward certainly didnt help. Those of us who extreme coupon, don't actually have a wall of toilet paper (although that was like a dream come true to me)

The families on this show clearly know their "stuff"... but they also knew they would be under a microscope and better show off to make the show good. One lady even said it was her best trip yet. Of course it was.... you had a TV crew following you around, you better do well. To be honest, most couponers think saving 60%-80% is just fine!!! And it is!!! Heck, saving $20 makes you feel REALLY great!

The other thing I heard from my girlfriends who watched... they didnt LEARN anything. They watched a show... the show didnt tell them WHERE to get their coupons or HOW to stack them etc. ... and that is where I come in! (leave a comment and ask away!)

DO NOT be discouraged. Every $.75 saved is a toll you get to go through for free! (At least in Orlando)

We are all after the same goal... save what you can! Just because you arent saving 101%, does not make you any less of an extreme couponer!

No comments: