Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Reader Trips - Me at Wags - Spent $4, Saved $65

I wanted to hit up Walgreens for the free Pediacare... knowing that it wasn't Sunday morning and everyone and their dog knows about the deal by now, I chose to start several miles away and work myself closer to my home (The nearby Walgreens sells out soooo fast!)
The first Walgreens I went to had plenty of Pediacare, but very little to cover my overage. Being that I picked  up 12 bottles before church on Sunday and just had the manager adjust the manufacturer coupon down, I decided to go more prepared and at least get something yummy to cover the overage. Low and behold I not only got the yummy, but I got Register Rewards!

1st Transaction 1st Walgreens:
3 - Pediacare (limit was 3) $5.99 ea
--$5.00 in-ad Coupon
--$2.00 Printable Coupon
4 - Trident gum $1.29 ea
--BOGO 3/6 RP
1 - L'il Critters Vita Gummies - $5.99 (not the one pictured but the manager told me to do it anyhow)
--$3 off from March coupon booklet
TOTAL - 2.88
SAVINGS - 26.58
GOT - $1.50 off Pediacare
2nd Transaction 2nd Walgreens:2 - Pediacare $5.99 ea
--$5.00 in-ad Coupon
--$2.00 Printable Coupon
1 - L'il Critters Omega-3 - 5.99
--$3 off from March coupon booklet
2 - Trident gum $1.29 ea
--BOGO 3/6 RP
2 - Cottonelle Fresh Wipes $.99 ea
RR: $1.50 wby 2
TOTAL - $3.53
SAVINGS - $25.29
GOT - $1.50 RR and $1.50 off Pediacare

3rd Transaction 2nd Walgreens:
2 - Pediacare $5.99 ea
--$5.00 in-ad Coupon
--$2.00 Printable Coupon
2 - Cottonelle Fresh Wipes $.99 ea
RR: $1.50 wby 2
TOTAL - $.59
SAVINGS - $13.50
GOT - $1.50 RR and $1.50 off Pediacare

Looks like I will be making a few more rounds to pick up some more Pediacare... with overage!
In total I spent $7.00, in total I saved $65.37... and still I walked out of there with $3 in RR to use next time.

4 comments:

suoicerp21 said...

So I went to wags thinking I'd pick up some wipes. However, they weren't marked for the RR and I wasn't in the mood to ask. Is this in the weekly sales flyer, or how would I know they're eligible for RR? I think the RR items are typically marked.
Thanks!!
Cindy

BeaDandelion said...

Nope they are NOT marked! LOL. That is why you follow my blog! I follow 60+ blogs and I will always let you know of the hidden deals that are out there! I'm not really sure how ppl find out about them, but for some reason the bloggers are almost always right! And if you find that you dont get a RR for an item you thought you were supposed to, then just return it right then and there. I have done that before.

Raja Shekhar said...

I always wonder why people need those many medicines? What does this lady do with 7 children fever drops?

The other day i want to buy that motrin pm on sale. The manager said one lady wiped all the stock. I hate people when they don't think about others?
Are these medicines or cookies? I think very soon people can not spend their life without taking at least one medicine a day?

Wake up people. The day you are so addicted to them, drugs and drug companies will play with your life.

In the past one year the only medicine i took is five pain killers when i sprained my ankle while running. That too when my doctor suggested to do so. Other than that none of my family members take even a single pill in a year.

BeaDandelion said...

Raja - I went to several stores, I did not clear any shelves. Who cares what I do with them. We USE it and it provided overage. I will likely never again need to buy children's medicine. It is not a matter of becoming addicted to them. And I know you have followed my blog long enough to know that I donate quite a bit of stuff to my church. My neighbor came over last night and got a bottle for her very sick son too.

And good for you for not taking pain medicine. Here is your gold star sticker. My son is teething (several molars) and getting over a bad cold all at once. He is in legitimate pain. That would just be cruel to let him suffer.

So THIS lady is keeping her remaining 6 chidren's fever drops. Thanks for inquiring.