Sunday, June 06, 2010

OK why does ANYONE visit theme parks in the summer? (LOTSA PICS)

Oh I am COMPLETELY serious (Kristin @ CouponingtoDisney) you people are nuts!! Off season doesn't have lines, the hideous heat or the unjustified crowds.

We went today to use our VoluntEar (Floridians only) passes that expire July 4th (the day of Atas' Christening)
Bob is a fan of Star Wars... I sooooo am NOT. But I AM a fan of Bob.

He was such a trooper... Our goal, make it to the next store before we sweated through our underwear.... we didnt succeed. But we did have delightful slushies that gave me brain freezes EVERY sip! and we found some really cute hats to try on!
We were excited to see Chewbaka and the Ewok. Those guys were suffering more than we were.

One character was enjoying scaring little kids... MY Atlas was brave and said, "Dude back off, I'm sweating." He was.
And the Storm Trooper has nothing on my Little Trooper.
But this is the cutest pic ever... My nephew cried and cuddled tight whenever Bob would break out the Yoda handpuppet... Atlas' wont have the chance to be scare of Yoda... ever.

I dont have a lot of advice to offer...but we generally avoid "season" and enjoy the parks.... with a baby we clearly couldn't even ride the rides (although some of the theme parks offer "parent" passes at guest services so that one parent can jump in front of the line so parent number 2 isn't stuck with the kidlet for an hour ... or two... alone.. .in the heat) however, I do NOT recommend going in the Summer... or even close to it. We have had our shortest lines and best best times in November. Also the weekends AFTER a holiday are good... the HOT weather... anything over 90 degrees... SUCKS! Avoid it.
I hope you enjoyed my day in pictures more than we did. We DID have fun... then we were reminded that we were soaked in sweat, missed all the rides and Bob's favorite character was behind closed doors and available only to those who got to the fastpass within the first 4 and a half minutes the park was open... we chose this day DUE to Lando Calrissian being there. Well ya can't win them all. I still like to be able to wear shorts 360 days out of the year.

No comments: