Friday, January 08, 2010

Rant 4 for the day


This is just my personal bitch-blog today...

Our washer quit cycling into the spin a few months ago... so when I think it is done, I go out there and jiggle the knob and after a while I get the spin cycle going... it never spins out completely. Last night I threw a more-wet-than-normal load in the dryer and 5 minutes later the thing was making a ton of noise and acting like it was either going to walk off or burst into flames. I hung the heavier clothes and packed up the lighter ones. My running buddy let me use her dryer.. but we were headed to bed and I didnt want to leave them there so less than an hour later when I got them.. still moist and threw them around the living room. Some are still drying out there after 2PM.

THANKFULLY, the only good thing to come from losing 2 cats in 4 months (to the day), the guy who cremated them told me about an auction that takes place EVERY Friday night. He bought a piano in pristine condition for $300, his buddy got a washer/dryer set for $160. We are headed there tonight.

Oh and we are supposed to get snow. Not that that matters and I think the flurries will rock my socks back ON, but the thought that just flitted through my head was "when it rains it pours"... and well it might not "rain" tonight as forecasted.. we may get pathetic (but pretty) flurries... here in hot/humid/sunny Orlando. :-)

I know there was another rant here somewhere... headed out to jog and I will be back hopefully remembering it.

No comments: