Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fees that could be avoided

I had the whole plan written out. I would stop by the library to pay my $3 late fee, it was now $5.50. Other than the fact we already pay taxes for our libraries, I don't mind so much paying the late fee here, of all the books I have read this summer, $5.50 is pretty cheap.

CVS
- Aquafresh Iso-action (er something) toothpaste was regularly 4.99, on sale for 3.99. I had a store coupon for $1.50 (printed out last time I bought something there) and a manufacturer coupon for $1.00. Total $1.75 BUT I got a RR (Register Rebate) for $2.00 to use on the next purchase... so they basically paid me .25 to take it.

Publix - after clipping coupons from the 5 papers I bought Sunday & 2 more sets from neighbors, I decided to hit Publix again for more juice. The first Publix had V8 Splash B1G1 for 3.69... um no, I will venture to my Cheap Publix. At Cheap Publix it was B1G1 for $2.07. I bought 16 bottles of V8 Splash (8 coupons for $1 off 2), my Raw Cane sugar (1.99), 2 packs of mushrooms (2/$3.00), Coffee Mate Creamer (1.89, used a .50 coupon), 2 boxes of Sun Crystals - for my guest not me (1.99 each, 2 $2.00 coupons = .02 overage), and 2 - 4oz Glade Candles (3.41 each, 2 $3.00 coupons.) Total spent- $17.26, Total saved- 40.24 ...... I thought I had hit my $50 mark so that I could use a $10 off $50 coupon from Winn-Dixie... I could have gotten 4 more candles, spending only $1.62 more to save $10 more, but I added wrong and there was already someone behind me. I seriously could have had all that for less than $12. DANG IT! I hate when I do that.

Then I stopped by Walgreens to pick up the copies of our 1 year pics! I can't wait to post them! They are great!

2 comments:

Gina said...

Where is the "cheap Publix?"

BeaDandelion said...

The "cheap Publix" is at the corner of Chicasaw and Lake Underhill... in Orlando. But I am sure there are cheaper stores in each city.. just a matter of finding them.